If you receive an item that is damaged, we will try our best to replace it for you. Please fill out our Customer Support form within 14 days of receipt of the item and we can have a replacement sent out to you. Be ready to provide photos of the damaged item/s and the box, showing the shipping label.
There are a few things we are unable to replace:
- We are unable to replace a product if only the packaging is damaged. We are also unable to provide the packaging of an individual product if yours was missing.
- We are unable to replace spoiler cards if they are damaged or missing.
- We are unable to replace slipcases in cases where the books themselves don't meet our damage guidelines.
All replacements are at the discretion of Illumicrate customer support.
You may be asked one or more of the following before a replacement is agreed to:
- To destroy your damaged item before we can provide a replacement. Please do not dispose of your item before receiving confirmation we are able to replace it.
- For additional photos of the issue.
- To attempt an at-home fix for a cosmetic issue with a book or item.
In the rare event that we cannot replace an item due to a lack of stock, a partial refund will be offered.
Book damage guidelines:
Does qualify as damaged
Does not qualify as damaged
A tear/rip/cut or visible scratch on the front of the book/dust jacket or spine larger than 1cm
Scratches, marks or residue on the back of the book/dust jacket
Residue or marks on the front or spine that cannot be removed
Page bleeding or unevenly sprayed edges
A book that should have been signed but isn’t
White spots, small marks
or scratches on sprayed/stencilled edges or issues with the top or bottom edge of the book
Dented or crushed corners bigger than 1.5cm
Creasing or folding on the top or bottom of the book spine, where the spine joins the boards, or dust jacket
More than one ripped or bent page that affects the text on the pages
Ripped or damaged blank pages
Production defects (such as a missing finish)
Slightly blurry stencilled/digitally printed edges
Off-centre stencilled/digitally printed edges where part of the central design (if there is one)is cut off
Off-centre stencilled/digitally printed edges where the full central design (if there is one) is showing. Off-centre patterned stencilled/digitally printed edges